You don’t need another “text editor.” That’s why Rough Draft makes editing tough, so writing is easy.
Ever write your first draft on a notepad? Writing on paper, you let go and just get your idea out. You don’t get caught up perfecting the words too early. Rough Draft is like writing with pen and paper, so you can’t delete words, only cross them out. Each “edit” reminds you that you’re writing a rough draft.
Rough Draft also supports your drafting with:
• Placeholders – Simple tags for where a picture, video, quote, or other supporting info will be added later. Stay focused now, and give supporting elements the focus they deserve later.
• Sidenotes – Easily create and drag-and-drop sticky notes for those genius ideas you get when writing you’re in flow (but aren’t sure just where they will fit yet).
• Clean Export – When you’re done drafting, Rough Draft can remove your scratched-out words, and export a clean ready to revise draft.
* Clean exporting is a paid feature, but as a small “Thank you!” for trying Rough Draft one is included free.
• Draft Management – No need to manage folders in Finder; Rough Draft’s got you covered with a complete file management system in-app.
• iCloud Syncing – Start drafting on your iPhone, continue on your iPad, and finish on your Mac.
* Mac-to-Mac syncing is free, and Mac-to-iOS syncing is unlocked when you purchase Clean Export.
• Rough Export – Feel free to draft to your heart’s content: with Rough Draft you can export your “rough” drafts for free forever. (But we recommend Clean Export to get your rough ideas polished and ready to publish!)
• Settings – Fit Rough Draft to your liking with simple settings.
Along with many more subtle features to support your writing flow! If you’ve made it this far, we recommend experiencing Rough Draft for yourself – we made it free to try so you can check it out and decide if you love it or hate it without any commitment.