Backup iPhone & iPad Using iCloud
Apple iCloud Backup provides an easy and most reliable backup solution for customers who want to back up their iOS devices wirelessly and automatically.
How to back up ios device to iCloud
Are you using iCloud? If yes than iCloud can automatically back up your files & data if you’ve chosen this option. You can verify your iCloud backup and make sure that it’s up to date by following these steps:
- Tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup if it’s off.
- Tap Back Up Now.
Restore from an iCloud backup
If you have a new iOS device, or if you need to restore your iOS device to resolve an issue, follow these steps.
- Follow the initial steps in the iOS Setup Assistant (select your language, and so on).
- Select Restore from iCloud Backup when the assistant asks you to set up your iPhone (or other iOS device).
- Select the backup you created earlier.
You can restore a backup only by using the iOS Setup Assistant.
If you’ve already set up your device, you can erase all current content to go through the iOS Setup Assistant again. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Do this only if you already have a backup, because this step will remove all current content from your device.